Health & Safety
Is PPE fit for Women?
20 January 2017
The Health, Safety & Environment Department has liaised with the TUC and affiliated Unions in progressing 2016 General Conference Motion 56.
A presentation ’Is PPE fit for women?’ was made at the TUC, and is available to Branches. It addresses what employers need to consider, suppliers need to consider and what Unions need to consider.
All stakeholders need to work together on this matter to:
- Raise awareness of these issues.
- challenge cultures and unconscious bias in male dominated workplaces.
- monitor progress and call decision makers to account.
- publicise success and share good practice.
- The full report "Women's PPE - One Size Does Not Fit All" is available on the link https://library.prospect.org.uk/download/2016/01299