BT Consumer: Changes of Hours Pilot
19 September 2017
As part of our commitment to improving arrangements for advisors seeking changes in the attendance patterns, the National Team has agreed to trial revised change of hours and Exceptional Change of Hours (ECOH) arrangements in Help for a month.
All existing ECOH arrangements will remain in place and will be reviewed in line with agreed timescales.
The main changes from the current arrangements which are part of the Transformation Agreement 2015 are as follows.
- A new online portal will be introduced to allow advisors to apply to change their attendance portfolios and to request an increase & decrease in contractual hours.
- A new online portal will be used to deal with ECOH applications.
- The National Panel that was set up to deal with all ECOH requests during the attendance transformation has been disbanded.
- Advisors will be able to submit one change of portfolio request, one change of hours and one Flexible Working Hours request in a year. If there is a need for further change within 12 months, then the ECOH process can be used.
- ECOH decisions can be taken either by a First Level Manager where the changes are minor or by the Centre Manager where the changes are more significant.
- Changes to Hours and attendance portfolios will be dealt with by the First Line Manager.
- The process has been simplified. Temporary changes of hours and temporary change of attendance will now be taken as an ECOH request.
- BT has confirmed that ECOHs can be put in place for up to 24 months.
- The normal length of service required to apply an ECOH or a change of hours has been cut in half to 6 months.
- The notification for the end of an ECOH will increase from 6 to 10 weeks.
The National Team believes that the changes detailed above should improve the process for members and speed up decisions. However, we will consider the feedback from reps and Branches carefully once the Pilot has been completed before anything is finalised.